Sunday, November 11, 2012

Hälsning från Linnea!

Hej!
This is Linnea (Liis's host sister) writing! She hasn't written for three weeks now so I thought I could put something here instead :)
During this time we have had Halloween here in Sweden, so I and Liis carved a pumpkin and put it outside and baked cakes that looked like fingers, for the children that were supposed to go trick and treating. But unfortunately nobody knocked on the door, so we had to eat the cakes all by ourselves. But that didn't matter to Liis though, I think.
On Saturday the same weekend we went to the cemetery here in Ludvika to watch all the lights people had put at the graves. It was pitch black, but really beautiful though. You'll see pictures.
We have also had höstlov, autumn holiday! It was one week after you had it in Estonia. I don't think we did so much, just relaxing at home. On Thursday we went to Örebro, to visit Lovisa, Anton and his girlfriend, and of course we went to IKEA too.

And now there has been one week of school after the holiday, and everything is normal again. We went to youth group in church on Friday, and were supposed to play saalihoki (no, I didn't know that word, Liis told me haha), but we weren't able to unlock the door so we couldn't play. Instead we went back to church and played some games and had FIKA. I guess you all know already that fika is something we do a lot here :)

Today Liis has had tennis competition. It started at 10 o'clock. I guessed it wasn't a normal competition for her, because she played against two old men. Since there is not so many young people in Ludvika that play tennis it's hard to arrange a competition. So there were people between 12 and 60 years old, competing against each other! That was a new experience for her, I guess.

That's kind of all we have done lately. Not so much, so to say. Liis has started to speak more Swedish now, which we all think is great! She is really improving and understands almost everything we say, even while speaking with normal speed. So we don't use English anymore. Have you heard Liis speaking Swedish yet? Ask her! I think we should do a video someday, and speak Swedish so you can hear. She is really good.

Now, I don't think I have so much more to say... Or by the way, tomorrow I'm going to follow Liis to choir practice. And I think we will start singing Lucia songs, which I love! Lucia is a Swedish tradition, with a choir that sings special songs. The girls wear white dresses and have candles in their hands. And then there is one Lucia, who has a crown with candles in her hair. It's always on the 13th of December.
Here you have a link if you want to see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2-Q_ObdE-4

This is the pumpkin, that we named Per :)


Here are our scary fingers! The nails are almonds, if you wonder.

Here are the pictures from the cemetery with all the lights. It doesn't seem so dark here, but it was.



Liis playing tennis at the competition today, professional of course :)


No comments:

Post a Comment